GW Service Learning Requirements
Class of 2020 and 2021 Grad Requirement. (Freshmen and Sophomores)
Service Learning for the class of 2020 and 2021 (current freshmen and sophomores) will be project-based. Students must complete projects connected to classroom curriculum. Just completing 40 hours will not suffice for the new CPS Board policy. You must complete projects that are offered in your classes during your 4 years at GW. Any service learning or community service completed outside of these 2 class projects will be submitted as volunteer hours but are not required for graduation.
Service-Learning Requirements at GW (Juniors and Seniors ONLY)
1. Students must earn a minimum of 40 hours
2. Students must complete a minimum of one service learning project
3. All service learning hours must include Preparation, Action, and Reflection. Check out the "What is service learning" page for specific details on this requirement.
Students may earn hours at any non-for profit.
Students may NOT earn hours for the following:
1. Any job or “volunteering” where pay is received
2. Volunteering at any business
3. Promoting any politician or political group
4. Promoting or spreading any religion
5. Assisting a teacher. If you like them, just help 'em out!
6. Helping a neighbor. This is called being a good citizen J
If you have any questions about what service would qualify for service learning, ask Mr. Miller in room 104.